Green dentistry is a whole-earth approach to tooth care that reduces the environmental impact of dentistry and creates a caring environment for patients.
- Our office has been designed to maximize energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We use state-of-the-art dental technology to minimize toxic pollution and water waste.
How are we green?
- Our patients are exposed to 90 percent less radiation with the use of digital imaging technology. This also eliminates the need for toxic x-ray development chemicals.
- Use of steam-based, surgical-grade instrument sterilization, contains no harmful chemicals and reduces water use.
- Installation of a special water-filtration system allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old mercury fillings, to prevent pollution of our local water ways.
- Biodegradable sterilization solutions are used to clean examination areas.
- Our state-of-the-art office has LED lighting.
- We have a digitally controlled HVAC system that minimizes wasteful heating or cooling when zones are not occupied.
- Our office recycles and we choose eco-friendly products.